Thursday 5 November 2015

It's the final countdown...

Sierra Leone is simply days away from being declared Ebola free.
All being well
so what next...

It's my hope that investors will return, work will begin again, and the country will see significant improvements in all areas of development.
For some, the country was known for its civil war.. more recently .. Ebola

But the war is long gone, and Ebola will also.. in time.. become a distant memory... although not for those who have suffered the most.

I hope that more people will visit the country.
I really do.
Sure there are pros and cons to Tourism.. and one of the nice things about Sierra Leone is that it's not 'overrun' with tourists!..

But tourism can generate greater income for the country

For those of who who have thought about visiting, there are lots of guest houses and hotels in Freetown

For those of you who seek 5* luxury, you can try Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko Hotel in Freetown
I didn't stay there but I did pop in on my 1st night for drinks and to chill, and it really is very nice


For others seeking a guest house. Drop me a line an I'll check one out for you

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine having to live with the scourge of ebola striking down people around me, not to mention the horror of going through it myself. I'm sure it will be a huge relief for SL. I learned some time back that a large number of Black Loyalists from Nova Scotia founded SL in 1792 ~ something I would have enjoyed learning in Nova Scotia when I was in school there! The 5* hotel looks wonderful, but I rarely get to stay in places like that. Terry and I are budget travelers. I do stop by them for drinks though. I'm looking forward to the Mai Tai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian to celebrate my next birthday; then it will be back to the Royal Grove to sleep! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sierra Leone has a rich history. Yes.. must have been tough but things will get better. Everyone is hoping for that. Budget is fine.. like you I just popped in for drinks do awhile etc then off I went. When's your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March 18th. I'm catching up again; my perpetual state! Have a good one!

      Delete