Tuesday 3 March 2015

2015 Winner of the Ibrahim Prize for Achievement in African Leadership

I can honestly say I have never heard of The Ibrahim Prize before..
How lovely!
..hey.. I'm a girl.. say Prize to me.. and I will get slightly excited

Namibias President Hifikepunye Pohamba...has just won it [click]
I don't know much about him but this brought him to my attention
Congratulations to him!
It's a good thing to receive


This is what's said about the prize

'The honour is the world’s most valuable individual prize, gifting the winner $5m over 10 years and $200,000 a year for life'
Click [here] to read why he was considered a worthy winner

'The Mo Ibrahim Foundation was established in 2006 with a focus on the critical importance of leadership and governance in Africa. By providing tools to support progress in leadership and governance, the Foundation aims to promote meaningful change on the continent.
The Foundation, which is a non-grant making organisation, focuses on defining, assessing and enhancing governance and leadership in Africa through four main initiatives:'






The Board
The Partners

Hifikepunye Pohamba Biography
A very impressive CV

No comments:

Post a Comment