Sunday 28 September 2014

Meet the Parents

Well.. today went well.
Mum and Dad are lovely. I asked them about thier lives ( thanks Joe) and learnt a lot. They told me about where they're from just outside of Lagos.. well.. far away enough actually.. and I got to see lovely pictures of the beach (I've never associated Nigeria with having any beaches for some reason).
Mum knows a tune or two, and is completing her PHd.
Dad said he wanted to see if this girl was an angel dropped from the sky to be with his son.. or if she actually came from somewhere.
Dad used to be a musician which explains alot.. but has had a very varied career. They enjoyed the food which was nice, and I was kinda sad to see them leave.
I liked them
Anyway.. these two brought our lives together.. a son and a daughter


.. and I'm really quite tired now so gonna rest for the night

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so glad! This post made my eyes well up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too Birdie. ..it feels like another new chapter again

      Delete
  2. No wonder you are tired! BIG, Fantastic Happenings in your world.
    The Very Best to You . .

    I did not realize Nigeria had beaches, either . . . I'm going to go look it up now . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggid. The more than goes on around me is the quieter I become i think.. It felt like a big step

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear it went well and that everyone had a pleasant time with each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Debra. ..I'm relieved. glad it went well

      Delete