Friday 11 January 2013

It's in the doing

Quite a few years back I read Unlimited Power a Black Choice.
I thought it was an amazing book. filled with NLP techniques, and no nonsense advice on how to create the kind of life you want.

I was quite into NLP at the time, but have since relaxed on that front.
The book itself is aimed at African Americans, and incorporates the fact the the world view, and life experiences for Black people can often be very different with regards to opportunities, starting points, etc. so much so that it can become an internal barrier ( the kind of which Fanon spoke of)

In short it recognises and incorporates techniques to deal with 'culturally specific' challenges. Some may argue all 'they' (Anthony Robbins and Joseph McClendon III) have really done is added the word 'Black' to Robbin's Unlimited Power, but judge for yourself.
It was the book I picked up at the time, and found it worthwhile.
Anyway, enough plugging of a book I no longer have.

As with everything it's not in the reading, but in the doing. Words can bring you to a table, but you've got to feed yourself.

and that's the hard part... trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment