Thursday 3 January 2013

Does size matter?

Well apparently it does.

A certain London council are considering docking benefit payments paid to people who are obese.. unless... they attend the gym.
A reporter interviewed a number of ( fat) people to find out what they thought, and all but one, thought the idea outragious.
'what an affront!!'

Before I get to that..I have a gripe.
Now, I've lost count of the number of times a large/larger person has walked up to me, or at the start of a conversation said...
" God!!.. you're so tall!!".. ( I'm not, at 5ft 8, I'd say I was average, just have long legs) still more importantly... "God!!".. they say.. "you're so skinnyyyyyyyy!!!"

This is often met with amusement of anyone else around, but is it funny?.. really?

Okay.. well try this..
If I walked up to a fat person and said.. "God you're so FAT!!!! ' chances are they'd feel absolutely horrified at my apparent lack of sensitivity, and rudeness.. cry into their cookies, and any onlookers may offer me a range of dirty looks.

Sizeist 'mo fo's'



So .. how did I feel about the fat tax..?

My gripe aside, I think the council are assuming that all fat people are fat for the same reason.. they eat more than they exercise. yet in reality that's not always the case. Some may ( genuinely) have a health condition, it may be hereditary, and then yes, some may just simply eat more calories than they burn
( not sure the big boned theory can fly any more)


I'd also just quickly point out that prisoners with drug additions who dont attend rehab, could be in breach of their licence, and technically, get sent back to prison. besides.. it's good that they get the help no?

So what next...? should wives and girlfrineds penalize(yay) boyfriends and husbands ( some may be lucky enough to have both) if they're not well hung enough?...
Should husbands or boyfriends ( yeah okay the same...) chest.. ( I mean just) decide not to contribute financially if their other halves have small breasts?..


Hmmmm.. that particular (fatiss) think tank, may need to think again

Doesn't carry weight

Oh... Happy New Year x

2 comments:

  1. lol! I heard this on the news and had no idea what to make of it, very tory-ish. I'd love to see them try implement it, a legal minefield

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine?. the reporter buzzed into the gym , then buzzed straight back out. It'll get 'eaten up' in the bureaucracy.

    ReplyDelete