Friday 9 November 2012

Blank

There are days like these.
When everything stops.
They exist at the end of rainbows
The bottom of wells
They are the pointlessness of merry go rounds.
The boots of Dick Whittington
The are the confetti left on the ground after a party
The stray broom bristle
The waterless tap
Days like these we remember
When we'd really like to forget

***

I am not great today.
Last night I was absolutely freezing the length of my spine.
No matter what I did , I couldn't get warm
I was awake most of the night as a result.
I believe I 'slept an hour, between four and five
I'm looking forward to feeling fitter, like I used to.
Feel empty

I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. confetti left on the ground after a party I like that, a beautiful poem. but do get some sleep, it will bring clarity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, very very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete