Thursday 18 October 2012

Imagine a world without Image?

A moment.

There tends to be pressure on women to look good... ish.. right?
But is the pressure in our ( womens) heads?
I say this because who really notices, and how important is it?

Well it’s all subjective anyway and different people like, or find different things acceptable, desirable, presentable.. or ‘right’. I think in the main it depends on the role you do, or the day you have planned, but I wonder if the same applies to men.
Well a few years ago I may have said no, but nowadays.. yes.. to a point.
I think there is a certain amount of pressure on men to look either smart/professional ... or trendy.
Outside of that they are labelled goofballs, naff, geeky or told they have no style or swagger ( dodgy term I hear) .. and women either spend their time ignoring them.. refusing dates, or resign themselves to saying yes, then spending a lifetime trying to transform them (whilst secretly resenting it)

Style over substance has little value I know, but we can’t kid ourselves that we are not influenced by image.
We should however question and try to wipe the slate clean in some cases, as there has been an element of brainwashing carried out the vast number of us.
I’m not keen on certain body shapes on women ( even if it were my own?)
Mainly if it seems to scream.. lazy .. or greedy, or undisciplined... or just plain slack.

But I have to check myself and not judge as I honestly believe that body shape may simply be hereditary. I say this as I’ve seen some very hefty people with very hefty children.. with very hefty parents of their own.
My argument to myself and a friend was that it was hereditary, but then the counter argument was that they simply ate the same (junk/processed) foods, and lived the same lifestyle.

I have no issue saying fat or out of shape etc, as I find that when it comes to me people rarely hold back calling me skinny or whatever they feel. I don’t mind, I am. As are they... fat.

Yes all is beautiful I hear you say.. but I ask you.. do you really mean it?

2 comments:

  1. lol! I liked that "very hefty people with very hefty children", gotta use it - "yo! hefty gyal! come here!"

    as per the image thing I've floated between labels and consciously or not you try to fit a type. try telling the people police that its whats inside that really matters. still, "hefty" fellas and ladies should refrain from all that junk, can put any spin on that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hefty almost sounds like a cute compliment now!!.. can be. Yes Chrome, it's the content of ones character that matters. That and fine eyes!.

    ReplyDelete