Tuesday 14 August 2012

Does money change people?

Would winning a large sum of money change you?
What if you won £148 million?

I gave this a little thought today, and I’m not sure it does, despite what is often said.
What changes is the lives they lead, things around them, the quality of their lives.. in fact definitely the quality of their lives.
I suspect it would relieve a lot of stress, and that may alter a person’s personality somewhat (as stress often does) but essentially, they are the same people.
So... if they were nice kind and caring people before, they will remain so
If they were arseholes before, they will remain so

What it may trigger is aspects of a person’s personality that were previously hidden, perhaps aspects of their personality they themselves were not aware of.
Situations show us who we are.
Our experiences teach us who we are.
perhaps ... if you really want to know a person.. give them lots of money... or lots of alcohol:))

I don’t play the lottery... ironically I wouldn’t mind winning

£148million is a lot of money to win, I can’t imagine what that bank account looks like, no actually, I can.. and it looks great.
Imagine, not having to worry about money ever again
To be able to help out friends or family
Do things that matter to you that previously remained a distant dream
Lovely thought

Euromiilion winners Adrian and Gillian Bayford
Congrats to them.. they look so happy




2 comments:

  1. No it wouldn't change me, I'd still be an asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!.. I thought you'd say that!
    yeah.. and me...i'd still be annoying :))

    ReplyDelete