Thursday 21 June 2012

There is no time

Time really is what you make it isn’t it?

In fact, the main evidence of the existence of time seems to be our deteriorating bodies!. Yet often, the main cause of the deterioration isn’t time necessarily, but the way we treat them (our bodies that is) A 70 year old can be in better shape than a 30 year old, dependant on the life they live.

Evidence has shown that you can be with a person for 30yrs and never share a meaningful conversation, yet meet a complete stranger a share the most profound things, or aspects of yourself.
That throws into question the old adage.... it takes time to get to know a person.
How long do you think it takes?

I think I learnt a great deal from the ages of 15 – 25.
25 – 30? Possibly the reflective years. 30 – 40... again.. the knowledge increases.
But I think that has more to do with my experiences, than time itself. The encounters I've have, and the people I've met.

To fully appreciate time, is to almost denounce it. Not be dictated by it but to open oneself up to life’s experiences, fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment