Friday 1 June 2012

Jubi-lant Friday..

see what I did there... :)
Okay.. the Queens Jubilee is approaching and I found myself reminiscing about the last Jubilee I remember. I was very
young, and attended a party on the street of one of my parents friends. All I knew was there would be cake fun, and lots of playing outdoors. It was a little boring truth be told, and a little chilly, but thinking back I had a nice time. We were all given silver coins to take home.(I hoped it was an antique) Lots of flag waving.. not much else.

I have a few patriotic neighbours.. not many. So there are a few union jacks on display.. and a little bunting here and there.

My Jubilation has little to do with the Jubilee though.
I'm just pleased to have finally completed the work that had been gnawing away at my psyche for months. Pressing the submit button, I felt a mixture of nervousness and relief. I should sleep well tonight. Hope so anyway.
Also, someone I've been working with has finally got the job of her dreams. I remember when I met her and she introduced me to her passion for space, I remembered thinking.. that's not something I here everyday :)

With her MA in engineering two years behind her she felt it wouldn't happen. Last week it did, and she was offered a job with a large space company.
That's pretty cool.
The sun is shining.. lots of reasons to feel jubilant xx

No comments:

Post a Comment