Thursday 24 May 2012

Feed me sunshine..

Well the lovely summer sun is finally upon us. Hope it lasts awhile. Not feeling particularly buoyant, but I'm enjoying it anyway. It feels good to feel the warmth on my skin, watch myself transform from what seems like ash grey to brown again. A couple of people I know are vitamin D deficient, both women, both black. (not sure if there is a link but I have a theory). Another is also calcium deficient. She's not a vegetarian, eats pretty much everything other than pork ( as far as I know.) It seems our food may be lacking the nutrients of old. I myself have had a stomach ache for two weeks. Not funny, in fact quite annoying so gonna take a trip to the doc...when I can get an appointment that is. Fortunately I have some time off, so it’s probably the best time for me to sort things out. Maybe I’ll grab some sleep in the afternoon. I sound grumpy.. but I'm not really :). I love the sun.. it brings out the best in me I think.. can't beat a stroll in the park on days like this.. ( well .. I'm sure you can, but you know what I mean... It's a state of mind thing.. the calm.. the oneness) Enjoy your day.. enjoy the sun x

3 comments:

  1. ahh hope you tummy gets better soon.

    I think the deficiencies are because of poor diet. I've lost count of the number of times I've served visitors salad and they've skipped eating it. always get the same answer "nah, its blah blah". once I made Yam, crayfish and spinach and my friends refused it, opting for rice and beef sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :).. can't keep asking for pain killers people gonna wonder 'bout me:)

    I think you're right about the diet thing. It's easy to stuck stuck in a food rut when you're busy especially.. I overdo the carbs.. starch.. need more protein in my diet.. and definetly more water. An elder rasta woman looked at me and told me I was deficient in a number of things.. boo hoo.. off to Holland & Barrett I went ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. h&b is quite a good shop, love browsing their selection. i guess supplements can be good and kinda necessary in this hectic lifestyle of ours. we'll keep trying, the aim is to keep on the right side of health

    ReplyDelete