Thursday 19 April 2012

Moment by moment..

It gets easier to live in the moment when you realise there are times when you have very little control.
When you realise that your life can be changed in an instant... in ways you’d love, and in ways you would perhaps rather not.

I’ve been rather busy of late.
In some ways I’ve been watching the world move around me in ways I could both imagine... perhaps dream..yet almost not imagine.
Someone once said that the universe will always work in our favour. Even when we don’t think it will.
Easy to say at times..harder to believe at others.
I guess that’s when we are required to show our true strength of character.
Today is a day of opposites perhaps
It’s my son’s birthday. Happy Birthday Ij, 26 today.
I’m juggling two large pieces of work which has me spending what seems like additional hours in the tub... thinking.
To be honest ...I think morning noon and night, so I’m a little surprised I’m able to string a coherent sentence, or logical conversation together.
But I am..and long may that continue.. I like to talk:).. sometimes
I thought about the words, I love you. I wondered how many of us become so accustomed to saying it that it loses meaning. Can it ever? I guess.. if it’s not felt, meant or truly genuine it can. No.. scratch that.. it cannot. It’s not the concept or the reality.. but those in possession or not.

I wondered If when we say it , we really know what we're saying, and whether or not it’s reflected in our actions.
For me, if I tell another ‘I love you, it's a statement; in a nutshell that encompasses the whole damn world. All that love is. Is what is meant. Its breadth and depth. Three little words, packed with the power of the universe I guess.
Am I being extreme!?!.. perhaps.
But then today , is a day of opposites.

Well.. I can honestly say I’ve never overused it, abused it, and should never refuse it... should you ever wish to say it to me.. standing half naked on a beach.. or on the top of the empire state building with a megaphone( okay.. as you can see I’m off on one... trust me.. right now I’m logical in shorts bursts)
Anyway...
I’m happy inside right now.. a little stressed maybe ... but content.
Yet... someone somewhere feels the opposite to me right now.
So... whoever you may be.. there will be a time when that will change. And I will feel as you.. perhaps.
I’m very very proud to see others who never felt they could.. take the reigns in their lives. I’ve been working with someone, and she no longer needs me. Truth is, she never did, just thought she did.
Funny really... she couldn’t see in herself what was clear to everyone else. Her potential.
Still, nothing ever happens before the time..and that is definitely true even in my own life.
I see that now.
I read Rory’s post, which kind of triggered this post.
I hope your okay Rory.
Life huh

3 comments:

  1. I love I say those words to the one I truly appreciate in my life at the momet....he responds with a big smile and very rarely reciprocates the actual word I love you back....never know what to make of that....I suppose he shows how he feels with actions so thats my verification............wake up chilled

    I suppose things do happen at the right time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Chilled .. and well done again you clever published lady:))... at least when you do hear it... It will mean that much MOREx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww thank you D...wow 26year old son in your family thumbs up to you for the great job done.....keep that work flow going you're litetally at the finish whooop whoop

    ReplyDelete