Saturday 21 January 2012

Seeing the softer side of the Iron Lady...

I never expected to be moved to tears watching the Iron lady but I was... several times in fact. It’s a good film, made me feel quite emotional..

Usually when a film ends I get up straight away, but this time I just kinda sat there for several minutes... it made me think... and it definitely made me feel something.
It’s very much a film about loss as it is politics.

There’s a great line where she says something like .. . ‘it used to be about doing something.. now... it’s about being someone’.. and that spoke volumes of today’s society I thought.
Obviously I won’t spoil it for anyone that wants to see it and hasn’t yet but that great quote crops up in it..

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny"..

Whether you agreed with her policies or not, M.T is a woman who had the courage of her convictions...said what she meant and stood firm in her beliefs.
I admire that quality in her

At a conservative party conference


As a young mum


As Margaret Thatcher..the 'Iron lady'

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I think about her, I usually think about Ronald Reagan. It's hard for me to think about one without the other.

    ReplyDelete