Monday 26 December 2011

Quiet..

It's just gone 2am, and for reasons unclear to me I've decided to write.
Maybe it's the Eva Cassidy song playing on my laptop, I don't know.. but aside from the song... it's quiet.

Been a funny old day today.
The usual Christmas family shenanigans applied early on..which involved me feeling a bit 'narked' should we say.. at what I perceived to be the 'ridiculousness' of another.
It passed. It always does..

I learnt today that my children may actually know me!..as both my son and daughter bought me a book each. The Scramble for Africa.. and ..The Celestine Prophecy..
Funny.. all the while I was sure I was a virtual stranger that kept home.. kept it all going:)
So, that was real nice:)

As I sit here, I realise more than ever that my children really are grown up... and I am entering a new phase in my life.
The story that is me.
I'm not sure what part 2 will hold . Like part 1, I have aims and hopes.. things I'd like to do..experience

My assessment of part 1 would be hmmmmm... highs and lows..
I feel as though I've had more than my fair share of 'crap' ( there's no nice way of putting it)
So I hope part 2 fairs better than part 1.
Perhaps.. if my 'training' is complete... it will be so..
Still... my aim was not to write and weep..
It was simply to write about how quiet it is.. how peaceful it is.. and how I don't feel tired at all

Well.. I love Rays version but I also love the guitar accompaniment.. Evas version..
Maybe I'll get to bed now..


2 comments:

  1. Your Valentine :-)27 December 2011 at 01:51

    The second half will be to transmute the pain of the first half into pure joy and love. I look forward to working with you on this fullfillment project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *smiles*
    I look forward to that also:)

    ReplyDelete