Friday 18 November 2011

A good laugh works a treat...

Some people are natural jokers... even in the midst of their despair they can make you laugh...
I was talking to a guy a couple of days ago, who was moved off incapacity benefits to Employment Support Allowance (I don't know why, as he's lost the use of one hand, is partially sighted and has mobility issues)
Still...
He was telling me that he had his benefits cut, then was granted £40 a week to 'get by'...
He launched an appeal against the ruling and luckily was told that it had been successful...
As soon as he heard, he went to the market and bought two big suitcases planning what he described as an "effin' trip to Manhattan baby"....sure his payout would amount to thousands...
When he got the money, he was awarded a few hundred pounds!... most of which got eaten up by rent arrears...

The guy says "all di suitcases dem a do is look pon me!!... hungry fi travel!!"

"Effin tings dem jus a clutter up me yard... di bastards!!!"

I couldn't help myself... I just burst out laughing...
Funniest thing I heard all week...

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww - that made me chuckle and feel sad at the same time! What a character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a very funny man..
    Anytime I think of that story I laugh..

    ReplyDelete