Sunday 16 October 2011

I could have told you..ft .. the Mighty Diamonds revival selection

Great tune from the Mighty Diamonds..




Yes it's quite late today.. but for my SMS post I thought I write a poem about things that are sometimes left unsaid.. I was inspired by that lovely M.D tune that made me think about stuff

I was thinking that sometimes it's hard to put the right words in the right order to convey the right message. Then there are times when it's not what you say which holds the real truth, but it can often be found it what is not said

But we do that don't we.. we filter.. all the time..
Can you imagine if we lived a day without doing that?
Reminds me of the film liar liar, where Jim Carey had to tell the complete truth all day:) what a drama!!
How exposed we'd all be!!
Could be quite funny though
Anyway .. I digress..

Hope you enjoy the poem
and I hope you have enjoyed your dayx

I could have told you I miss you terribly
More and more each day
As my eyes awaken to the thought of knowing
I have yet another day
Where the chances are I may not see you even if I wanted to
Partly due to the demands of life
Partly commitments that bind
Regardless of whether or not you are on my mind
Constantly
It tortures me

My stomach churns
It aches and with a dull thud
It’s almost as if my heart will break
Feel it best to understate
Not mention the desire to hold you close
Comfort you
Caress you
Help you feel the way you should do
As you never thought you could do
Again
To see my reflection in your eyes
To love you and only you
I could have told you that
But I didn’t

No comments:

Post a Comment