Thursday 1 September 2011

Welcome September.. thanks for the late summer sun!

Well it's fair to say we had a nice day. I found an icing writing kit that made that task a lot quicker. I know it's not very neat, but I've never mastered that particular skill like others I know!.. still I did my best as always:).



A very happy young man got to open his presents ( skateboard helmet's too small!!).. still.. that 'd' on the side of his headphones mean the world, and he loved his auntie's/uncle/ and cousin's gifts very much!!.. thank you !!!




I decided this time not to part cook the chicken ( on the stove)but to be brave and really go for it and put it straight on the BB..
We quickly realised that it's not as straight forward as we thought.. by the time the chicken had cooked through.. it was seriously 'charred'.. like 'charred to the max' as in burnt!






Still... they say it tasted nice underneath!

Finally.. time for cake..
I didn't notice that i'd bought joke candles which Ti couldn't blow out,to the point fire alarm went off.. no worries.. I usually use it as a cooking timer anyway :D!!



Some quick thinking.. a bowl of water later and all was well..

Right..
time to chill.. work tomo:)
Hello September..x


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like the family had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh.. Yeah Reggie.. it was a really nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww Dawna you did good cake loos yummy and am sure as always you did more than your best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u ChilledLeo!.. i'm told it was nice this time:).. I have 1 cake recipie lol.. it's almost all gone which is a good sign:)

    ReplyDelete