Tuesday 20 September 2011

Thought of the day..truth & food waste

Truth is not necessarily found in the action but the reasons behind it.

I've been thinking about this on and off for awhile and think it can apply to most things.
Our actions can often mask other issues, providing a camouflage for the truth. Therefore our 'judgement' of a particular action experienced or witnessed can be altered quite significantly once the real truth is known.

How do you get to the truth?
It tends to reveal itself eventually.
I guess that's possibly another take on the old saying all that glitters.. or not being blinded by what you see.

*****
Apparently the average person throws away about £680 in 'good' food every year.
We have become quite a wasteful nation that's for sure and I'm trying very hard not to waste food at home, but to buy what is needed and monitor. ( must be a right joy to live with :D)
Still, what seems odd is that not long ago I heard that about a third of adults in the UK are overweight or obese.(which implies to me that we're either eating too much.. or eating the wrong foods)

What they heck would happen if the obese third threw nothing away?

2 comments:

  1. I'm skinny and always have been. Even after eating a whole elephant I'd still be skinny. I know nothing of obesity. It's an alien concept to me.

    I never throw food away though - if I don't eat something then the Dog gets it and I save on his food bills :) If its something the Dog won't like - 'Chilli Con Carne' for example - then the ants and lizards in the garden have it.

    Rory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can identify with that Rory ( apart from the lizards and ants bit!) We had a family dog growing up, and he'd eat pretty much anything.. the buying of dog food was rare!

    There are times when i think obesity may be hereditary as i've seen parents and children with the exact same shape!!.. could be wrong though.
    My mum always says what you throw away today, you may live to want tomorrow, so i don't like throwing away food

    ReplyDelete