Friday 9 September 2011

One glass of red.. & it's thank you angels

Met a friend for drinks after work today.
Most people who know me would say I don't drink. Which in the main is true... but if I choose to, I'll take a sip or two for 'Auld lang syne'.

So, sip I did.. sipped and chatted away.. and I tell you now.. it's a prayer and two invisible angels that brought me home...lol
and that folks.. is one of the the main reasons I refrain..

I think it's worse if i'm tired.. constitution is low.. defenses weakened..
Now.. I'm soooo chilled.. slightly tipsy.. cheekily merry..so it's a good job I'm home :))

It's been a very busy week and now it's time to unwind.. enjoy two and a half men ( the TV show that is:) and what's left of my Friday eve...

Hey.. it really is true.. when your children grow up you really can enjoy late nights again!!! yay
Tell you what though.. I hate feeling tipsy.. hate feeling like I'm not in control.. If I'm home and not too far from my bed it's not so bad..
So I'm thinking that I may pass completely in future... ( coward that I am lol) we'll see
Nice time though... it's good to talk
TGIF

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun Dawna hmmmmm gotta put you to the test and see who can hold the fish bowl up the longest 'don't ask' :))).

    Boi last time I had a tripple rum and coke I was waisted and not a very pretty sight luckly I had a get away driver with me so managed to get home one piece. Next day unlike you I was waken up by the sound of 'Mummy I need braekfast'. Needless to say I have been back for seconds but refrained from tripple this time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha .. i know my limitations:) lol.. 'fishbowl!?! okay.. i wont ask... yet!!
    no there's no 'mummy i need breakfast!'.. unless he's a yank!!lol.. geddit??.. ahem.. that was a joke btw..

    Tell you a secret.. i've never been drunk..ever.. and before you say it.. no you wont be getting me drunk ChilledLeo!!:)..
    Was that tripple rum & coke 'stand alone' or in addition to??.. lol.. maybe i'm not such a lightweight after all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL it's my official task to get you DRUNK just so you can really get into BAD Dawna behaviour watch out youtube there's a real DIVA coming your way LOL. That tripple rum and coke was in addition I am certainly watching that ethonal intake next time lol

    ReplyDelete