Sunday 11 September 2011

Make your relationship..everything you want it to be...

Possibly the quickest and easiest way to solve a problem is to acknowledge it, then discuss it, but most importantly, have an agreed preferred outcome.

I say this because I've lost count of the number of people who complain about their partners but never actually say anything to them
Sometimes it's fear that stops people from addressing what irks them!
Fear they'll upset the person
Fear they'll lose the person

But I think if someone cares about you and doesn't want to lose you as a friend , lover, partner.. etc...they'll hear you out, and be glad ( maybe not initially.. but with thought)you came to them..
Ultimately, if they walk away...
perhaps they didn't care (about you..and what you share)enough

My SMS post today is.. love the one you're with
It's easy to take someone for granted.. get complacent.. lazy..( thinking they'll always love you so why make the effort!)
Make the relationship you have be the one you want it to be..
If you have to work at it.. work at it

because to complain.. and do nothing.. solves nothing..
We have a choice.. to work it.. or leave it

pretty sure I'll still have a girly chat or two.. but if I have a problem.. I vow to deal with it directly... or walk away

You've no need to hide your distress.. or be alone
You can face it all... together...
Some men don't like to say I Love you.. ( struggle with showing emotion)some women want to hear it...
Whilst it's not necessary to say it all the time.. if your other half wants to hear it.. why not say it?.. but only if you really mean it

Happy SMSx

4 comments:

  1. Yes there are times when you can discuss things and find a resolution.....then there's the BUT we can't find a way out...so what next.

    Life is simple I suppose as human beings we put the C in complication!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The romantic me says if both people still want the same end result - there's always a way out. when one person no longer wants in... talking is futile.. blocks appear from nowhere!!..
    Then there's timimg and not letting things fester.. not allowing resentment to build

    Still to be fair.. relationships are simple on paper.. emotions can be v complex..
    I think communication is key though.. talking 'and' listening
    relationships can defo be hard work, but I think it's worth putting in the effort

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the one you're with sounds so very simple....but is it really?

    Life is struggle and relationships are usually a rollercoaster ride....for good and bad reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The seductive simplicity of it has me convinced it really is simple... it lures me in.. yet often in reality I know it's as you describe it.. a rollercoaster ride..

    ReplyDelete