Friday 26 August 2011

A leap of faith.. is that what it takes?

It doesn’t take much for me to dream. Always have, and I suspect always will.
Not satisfied with mere dreams anymore my motivation I suppose is to turn them into reality. Most, if not all of us have dreams, be they large or small, and a great deal of us share the same or similar dream/s..hopes for the future.

The year isn’t over yet, but already I’ve done a goal inventory check, and much of what I’ve planned at the start of the year is still there to do. Some things are a little out of my control (annoyingly so) but still, I’ll be doing my best to make the most of the remainder of the year.
What I do have( yet lack in equal measure I think) is courage. Maybe I’d become so accustomed to disappointment that I’d begun to call it something else, like… human nature, or expected!
But the impact of that is I avoidance, and to avoid something (for me) means no longer bothering to try certain things.
Well not any more.
For the remainder of the year my aim will be to take a leap of faith. To expect the best outcome, and not get sidetracked by the disappointment of disappointment

The excitement of turning dreams into reality burns as brightly now as it ever did.. surely there must be a reason for that
Happy Fridayx

4 comments:

  1. "disappointment of disappointment" this statement is true, its that it's bound to fail thing. Dawna I'm on the same thing hence 9 months in I haven't taken my certification yet and the exam voucher is about to expire. Mr. Inspiration! where are you hiding!

    faith moves mountains

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Dawna, like you I also set out some goals for achievement year ending, so far not managed to quite jump over the biggest hurdle and although it grips me with disappointment, I can only but run a little faster am sure eventually I will make the race.

    On a positive note I have come across some pretty awesome people who have brought laughter into my life this year, so I can certainly say the life proportionally balanced all good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chrome - it would be a shame to let your exam voucher expire!
    why not ace it and be done?:)
    Mr I?..I suspect he's right there with you!!
    i'm rootin' for ya..x

    @ChilleLeo - our biggest hurdles can be a beast!!:)although if we gnaw away at them long enough we tend to get the better of them.. rootin' for ya too..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're supposed to feel like that. That's the only way you'll actually know that you're alive. I seem to dream constantly too, I certainly hope that my children do as well.

    ....and I certainly hope they both realize more dreams than I've even dreamed.

    ReplyDelete