Tuesday 5 July 2011

Why don't men and women write more love letters?..

During a quick break today, I thought how nice it would be to receive a love letter. I find a good turn of phrase in a man quite endearing. I think we should revive the art of the love letter, post them, hide them discreetly where they may be found, whatever. There are more to words and letter writing than bills, reports, managerial speak, organisational jargon, stats, etc etc.
Words can touch the soul.. free you
Some people struggle to say things in person..
so why not write it??
Sign it or remain anonymous
A short note to begin with for the nervous or shy ..

Yes today..

Write me a love song..
A sonnet a poem
Liken my eyes to precious onyx
The softness of my lips to cotton clouds
Or funfair candy floss
Liken my absence to a gulf in your soul larger than the grand canyon
Your tears more vibrant than Niagara
Sing softly under your breath so only angels can hear the tune
Request they then carry it dutifully to me

Curse every misunderstanding
Bless all that is good
Write slowly, seductively
Empty your mind on the page
Let me read what I cannot see
Touch what I cannot feel
Write me a love song
A sonnet or a poem
Liken me to precious jewels

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dawna,

    This is a love letter to you. I love that you have the most beautiful mind and I love your ways with words. I love when I check Google Reader and you have a new post as I know my day is made. I read between the lines and experience the warmest feelings, like a love letter to me about a love I once knew but have forgotten.

    sincerely

    Chrome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm speechless. That's so beautiful..sweet and unexpected, thank you Chrome..*blushes* you made my day..my week..my month....:)

    ReplyDelete