Thursday 28 July 2011

A little musical stroll down memory lane..

Went to my 1st dance which if memory serves me correct was held at Upton house school. Stood behind a guy who was wayyy taller than me who, when this song came on asked me to dance. I was bloody terrified.. 'you what??.. me?? .. dance??.. with you??.. have we met?!?' lol ..not really .. i just danced along in time.. to be honest the dancing spoilt my enjoyment of the tune, as i was barely 15 and when the lights came on, was scared my dad may have been lurking outside.. Yep 1st dance ever.. Winston Reedy!



Another classic.. 'will anyone ask me to dance?' tune.. yep.. a a few..
Love the lyrics



Pretty sure this played at the school 'disco'.. all the UK Caribbeans thinking they were cool.. 'back a yard'.. Londoners!!..rice n peas and fish n chips.. we missed the fresh food, sun, sand, and sea water of 'back home' whether we'd been there or not!!



This another classic singalong tune ..
verdict? great tunes.. wonderful memories..
Not a fan of dancing with strangers though..lol yet, it was good decent fun.. at least people really danced

1 comment: