Sunday 3 July 2011

Fragile.. hoping for a love that endures

Most of you will know that on Sundays I like to write about love or things of a romantic nature.

Well, today I want to share my feelings of a different kind of love. Some people may call it Agape (the love you would have for humanity etc) love or maybe Phila love ( the kind of love you would have for maybe friends and family) either way, it made me think that the type of love that endures is possibly the greatest love of all.

So although the first throws of love may be passionate and romantic, it can fade away. If nurtured well however, hopefully, it will grow into something really concrete. The kind of love that is filled with respect, friendship, understanding, loyalty, and patience. The kind of love that if you're ill and unable to take care of yourself, someone will take care of you. They will be at your hospital bedside to brush your hair, or rub your feet.

There are many reasons why i don't think people are meant to be alone. Solitude is great for refection and thought, to align ones self and take stock. But we are social animals...and reflection wont keep you warm at night.
Neither will it read to you, or comfort you when you're afraid or lonely.

My mother has been unwell. It is whist sitting by her hospital bed I'm reminded of how fragile we are. How vulnerable we are, and how lonely it must be for many people.

It made me realise even more that some of the most valuable qualities that matter for a life partner, are kindness, care, and compassion

Fancy me now.. but love me forever

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling that. its like that love for your family and strong brethren. it's hard to quantify and sometimes its in time of need that the quality of true love emerges

    sorry to hear your mum is in hospital. God bless

    ReplyDelete