Sunday 5 June 2011

Protests over new Playboy Club in London


So - a new Playboy Club celebrated it's big launch yesterday.
Is it outdated?
Is it sexist?
Many believe it to be so.. but let's not kid ourselves that we don't live in a sexist society.

Oddly enough - the club itself doesn't bother me.
Maybe it's because the women who work there choose too.

Now I may feel differently tomorrow .. ( I reserve the right to change my mind) but today?..not fussed
Times are tough - and it's a job
I hope they are well paid.. it can't be easy

Some may say it's demeaning.. look at the outfits they've got to wear..it's silly
Well.. look at the 'acceptable' everyday office uniform/outfit

For some ..that may look pretty silly too!
Each to their own

4 comments:

  1. Yes everybody likes a very different layer of butter on their bread it's a choice and if that sits comfortable with you everyone else's opinion is really insignificant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the women were mis treated or forced then I would feel differently for sure. Maybe i'm just too far removed from what goes on there to make an strong enough case against. It looks quite harmless but then i'm aware also that looks can be decieving... it's the less high profile clubs that may offer less protection for the girls.. Playboy is a huge brand - one would think too big to play 'silly buggers'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the "butter and bread" analogy made by ChilledLeo.

    I guess you already know that I'm not put off by something like this. It is what it is. If people are offended by this sort of thing or not moved to go.....then don't and let the people go who want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm of the same opinion, what is the big deal? if the ladies involved are not forced then its way better and their welfare can be assessed and monitored. Plus its better environment and clientele than the 50p strip pubs lol!

    ReplyDelete