Tuesday 28 June 2011

Oceans apart...

I'm in a fairly relaxed and reflective mood tonight..
Got me thinking that some of the best evenings I've have been when I've been able to just chill in bed with the radio.. and really listen to a song in it's entirety.

This song reminds me of someone who despite going our separate ways, and the fact that I find him somewhat irritating, in the end, will always be rescued by the fact that he sang this song, beautifully... as if he wrote it himself. Gave it to me on a tape when we first met( young love!!.. do people still do that??))..and thinking back.. that may have been the only time he was ever really himself. The song was able to bring out a side to him that everyday life never could.

It was, in my eyes, the best of him... and a nice memory for me
So..this song will always remind me of that day.. It's a lovely simple, uncomplicated song

No comments:

Post a Comment