Monday 4 April 2011

Freedom to be..


Friends lost
Some found
Never a night’s sleep will I know
Nor the sense of freedom that others enjoy
In time it will be over
Thy will be done
Some may judge
Others may know
Truth is relative
To each their own

Grant me my freedom
So that I may see what you see
The sun
The moon
The stars
Never again will they look the same
To me
For I will truly see them now
Does age grant wisdom
Be I not an aged fool
Let my lessons be learnt in my youth
So that I may understand them fully
That they may serve me well

Will my friends forget me
My foes sneer in contempt of me
Shall I care
Not of the thoughts of many
But of the few
Of those who never leave my side
I dwell in minds
And in hearts
Grant me my freedom
That I may look them in the eye
Share with them
My truth
All of life’s little complexities

I know of much
and I know of little
Yet I know what is of real value
To be denied that which I value most
Grant me my freedom
That I may never lose it again

No comments:

Post a Comment