Wednesday 9 March 2011

Malcom X


A little boy sits and stares
To be a man
Of great courage
Of knowledge
Self discipline and belief
He wonders if he too could make such sacrifice
Never accept defeat
To stay so cool under intense heat

To be a wanted man
Equally by friend and by foe
Must take great intuition to know
Not fear
But acceptance
Of what will be will truly be
To let thy name go down in history
You knew
You were free

A little boy sits and stares
How I wish I met you
Knew you
Had a chance to talk to you
To play baseball in the park with you
Football after dark with you
Ask you about girls
Of what I should do
Watch you laugh at my youth
If only times were different then
Yet
Because of you my life is what it is
I have a better tomorrow yesterday
Everyday
My freedom came at a cost for some
But your legacy lives on
In me

No comments:

Post a Comment