Saturday 5 February 2011

The Restless Child

An African mother sat in the shade
To comfort her crying child
Why so restless she did ask
Did you not eat today?
Did I not give you warm milk to drink?
Did your friends not come to play?

Do you not have a roof?
Thatched with elephant grass..
To cover your head and keep you dry
Each and every night?
Your father will protect you
Teach you to tend the herd
So tell me why you cry my son
For sadness is unheard

The boy looked at his mother’s face
And immediately did say
I want to travel up there with them
Take a plane far far away
To see where other people live
England.. America too
But don’t worry mother
You know that I..
Will always come back to you

I want to learn about the world
Meet those different to me…
But most importantly
Mother dear
I want a Playstation 3!

Playstation three is out of date!..
Keep up!! his mother replied..
Now text your father and tell him come..
For dinner
It’s stir fry rice

I’ll do that mother but can I go?
One day his mother sighed!
Maybe one day we’ll have to go…
When this old way of life has died

No comments:

Post a Comment